Posted By
Amy_Levitus
Jul 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jul 17, 2008
CAUTION! The first link freezes Firefox!
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 17, 2008
The first step was to use the Poserize… dialog with maybe as many as 16 steps but likely only 8. How the colors were mapped I’m not sure. I tried the Hue/Saturatuon dialog as well as increasing the saturation by duplicating the image and setting the mode to multiply but couldn’t exactly nail those colors. The texturing was an old an crude form of pattern dithering when the image was saved as an 8 color GIF… I guess the Logo is at least 15 years old. Am I close?
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 17, 2008
CAUTION! The first link freezes Firefox!

Not Safari, 3.1.2, Ramón. Which version of Firefox?
R
Ram
Jul 17, 2008
Firefox 3.0. Three times in a row. :/
R
Ram
Jul 17, 2008
Firefox 3.0. Three times in a row. :/

…running under windoze Vista Home Premium. 🙁
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 17, 2008
Firefox 3.0 Mac had no problem with that PDF. Maybe you need Vista Ultimate.
R
Ram
Jul 17, 2008
Like I need a hole in my head. 😀
R
Ram
Jul 17, 2008
Well… It’s not really freezing, the PDF is just taking forever to download.
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
Yes, same thing here. FF3. Why does it have to be a pdf?
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
And how/why is this small image 4.2 MB when downloaded (which, incidentally, is much quicker than trying to open it in a browser)?

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1UY0rtTFlcNKdf3UAY 44qdlqvNte1>
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 17, 2008
Hmmm, that PDF loaded in my browser in about 7 seconds so I didn’t the size a second thought. When I open it up in Photoshop the actual image is 2135px x 1536px @ 300dpi, CMYK 8 bit with lots of transparency. Is 4mb disproportionally large for that size of image saved as PDF? I never save PSD PDFs.
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 17, 2008
Isn’t this a Mac forum?

The GIF is probably just ‘saved for web’. In the Save for Web dialog, you would choose GIF and then an insanely low number of colors, like 8.
JM
J_Maloney
Jul 17, 2008
Don’t forget your web colors, big pro (not).
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 17, 2008
What are big pro web colors?

….and Photoshop PDF files are useful to InDesign workflows where you need to retain vector data like type.
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
Hmm…

After seeing the same question over on the Windows forum, I finally decided to try viewing the PDF directly in Firefox 3.0. Before, I did a "Save Link As…" and opened it in the FOSS PDF app Skim.

I didn’t try before, because I’ve known of other PDFs that took for-bloody-ever to load and open, even though they weren’t that big. Dunno why, it just happens sometimes.

Anyway, it only took about 10 seconds or so.

Now I’m curious about why it took some of you folks so long to view it in your browsers.

???
L
Lundberg02
Jul 17, 2008
Well, i warned you about FF3 and was told to shut up.
P
Phosphor
Jul 17, 2008
And I tell you to shut up again, Lundy. You didn’t warn me of anything. You whined about your problem—one I wasn’t having.

If you had understood what I just wrote in reply #15 you’d know that I just reported that going to the PDF link above and opening it in FF3 (using the ShubertIT PDF plugin) was quick and easy for me.

Maybe that’s why I always see you pop in with reports of problems you have that nobody else does, and that you can’t solve. Maybe you just ain’t two gud at reedin’ and understandin’.
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 17, 2008
The PDF file was saved without the option of ‘Optimize for Fast Web Preview’. While it should not be a major issue with this single page PDF file, leaving that option unchecked while saving from Photoshop will require site visitors to wait for the complete download prior to viewing. This may cause a delay or hang in a browser, especially if the user has a slower connection and/or a weaker system.
L
Lundberg02
Jul 17, 2008
Phos, please stop being confrontational. It serves no purpose except to make you look bad and waste space here.
B
Buko
Jul 17, 2008
I think we should pray about it.
JM
J_Maloney
Jul 17, 2008
🙂
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 18, 2008
Re: #12 et seq:

Jim Oblak:

I am sure that it is helpful to other Forum users that you are clearly labelling yourself as "Not Ann Shelbourne" — although it is probably perfectly clear to everyone that the twaddle that you post would not come from my keyboard!

8/
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 18, 2008
Neil:

Please do something about the content of this malicious "Profile".

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?224@@4acebd57@.59b5de11/13>
AL
Amy_Levitus
Jul 18, 2008
Thank you for your suggestions. I did play with the hue/saturation and colorized it. Then posterize did the trick.

Sorry to make the links so difficult to deal with. I appreciate all those who actually answered my question with out bitching about the stupid link.
P
Phosphor
Jul 18, 2008
"I appreciate all those who actually answered my question with out bitching about the stupid link."

It’s all connected, though, Amy. Maybe the bitching was unreasonably harsh to your way of thinking—everybody’s different on that account.

But you have to be aware that these days, just being able to manipulate images the way you want them isn’t enough. Photoshop isn’t an island. There are all kinds of other things that need to be considered at the same time…file size, file attributes, how the images will be used after you’ve completed the visual work on them, etc.

The "stupid link" may seem inconsequential, but it’s not.

It’s a lot to learn, and everyone who jumps into the deep end knows their head’s gonna go underwater occasionally. The secret is to know how to keep swimming, keep swimming, and never stop learning.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections