SK
Posted By
Sean_Kernan
Jul 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need that kind of distortion, kind of wavy and dimensional, with a sense of light falling across it to emphasize it, lighter on ridges and darker in folds. I kind of presume I might need some kind of 3d program that makes a wireframe that I can drape the image onto. Am I right? And which program?
Thanks
Sean

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2008
Google for ‘Photoshop displacement map’ and ‘photoshop underwater light’.

A true 3D app may not be needed.
L
Lundberg02
Jul 21, 2008
Neil, the name "Not Ann Shelbourne" is confrontational and insulting and in direct opposition to your new policies.
I strenuously object to allowing this to continue.
JM
J_Maloney
Jul 21, 2008
2nd that.
CB
charles badland
Jul 21, 2008
Third it.
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2008

1) There are no new policies. There is a reformed host who is trying to hold to longstanding policies that you have ignored.

2) I strenuously object to Ann and Ramon continuing to thwart Neil’s authority with their continued neglect of his recent direction.

lol@ Lundberg02 & J Maloney, who take issue with another poster for having a name that is not their legal name. At least some of us have the skin to post our contact info so that OT discussions can be held off list.
L
Lundberg02
Jul 21, 2008
Your immediate attention, Neil. This must stop.
RM
Rick McCleary
Jul 21, 2008
Neil,

Every legitimate professional forum to which I contribute requires the use of real names. They also require that each post be signed with your real name.

The ability of posters to this forum to remain anonymous makes no sense and serves no purpose other than to encourage the kind of middle-school cafeteria food fights that so often erupt here.

As an educator, I often refer students and others to a variety of on-line resources and fora. I do not recommend this one because of the toxic atmosphere that so often drifts through.

The best way to clear the air is to require real names with real profiles, and then moderate with a firm, steady hand.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 21, 2008
"The best way to clear the air is to require real names with real profiles, and then moderate with a firm, steady hand."

That’s right. Consistency and Clarity is the only way to tame man and beast.
BG
barry_gray
Jul 21, 2008
Real names are fine as long as nobody else beat you too it. Happens to me on a regular basis. Gotta be creative quite often, more so than one might think.
That said "not Ann" should most definitely be banned. The requirement for "legal" names is probably impossible, at least based on my experience. I’ve had to use my middle name on some occasions even though it appears nowhere in any legal documents about me, save for my birth cert.
CB
charles badland
Jul 21, 2008
Lundberg02 & J Maloney, who take issue with another poster for having a name that is not their legal name.

The point is your choice is confrontational and insulting to another poster in the forum. Big difference.
L
Lundberg02
Jul 21, 2008
My screen name goes back to 1984 and it will be the same no matter what. Anyone remember Compuserve?
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2008
Every legitimate professional forum to which I contribute requires the use of real names.

Rick, every professional forum is moderated and does not have insulting posters like Ann and Ramon. This forum is not moderated. This is not a professional forum.

Suppose this forum was filled with personal attacks to your name or clients (ex: Dick McDreary, etc) from juvenile posters like Ann and Ramon. How long would you wait for a host to take action against their incessantly juvenile and insulting behavior before you would take action yourself?

As long as their are jerks that try to associate me with other insulting identities that are not mine, this game sadly goes on. Neil knows who the steamer is but he is too ineffective as a host to clear it up for the rest of us… and to stop the childish behavior of a few that want to turn this forum into chaos.

Charles, my forum named changed in the past few days in response to very poor behavior from you-know-who. Ann was confrontational. Blame me only for being responsive to her childish games.
CB
charles badland
Jul 22, 2008
As long as their (sic) are jerks that try to associate me with other insulting identities that are not mine, this game sadly goes on… my forum named changed in the past few days in response to very poor behavior from you-know-who. Ann was confrontational. Blame me only for being responsive to her childish games.

I’m sure that rational makes perfect sense to my six-year-old. Not me.
B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
You are much more insulting than Ann or Ramón will ever be.
B
Buko
Jul 22, 2008
Well it looks like he’s changed his name again now its Jim Jordan
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 22, 2008
Geniuses are like ships in the night. May they never meet.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections