JG
Posted By
Joy_Gwaltney
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help. I can’t figure out how to save a custom workspace, then assign it a keyboard shortcut. I’ve tried "menu" checkbox in workspace save, both before and after I’ve created a custom set of keyboard shortcuts. Any time I try to test the custom workspace by selecting "default workspace" I lose the custom keyboard set. How can I get the shortcuts to stick to a particular custom workspace? (I don’t remember this problem earlier, and in CS3 I’m going crazy. I’ve asked all my students to help figure it out- nothing.)

dense, confused, frustrated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Jul 23, 2008
I think the custom shortcuts are saved with the workspace, so it won’t work in the Default workspace.
JG
Joy_Gwaltney
Jul 23, 2008
It’s a chicken/egg problem: I save the workspace. I create a new set of keyboard shortcuts with a shortcut for the custom workspace. I go back and save the custom workspace over the same name with "palette location" and "keyboard shortcuts" checked.

I’m concluding that I should never test the new workspace/shortcut by choosing another of Photoshop’s listed custom workspaces – I lose the shortcut for my custom workspace.

Any way to make the shortcut stick?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 23, 2008
Try saving your Custom Shortcuts (into your Presets folder) with their own name — then you can reload that set at anytime within any workspace.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections