JO
Posted By
john_o_donnell
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PS CS 3 & OS 10.5.4. When I try to use screensaver in the "slide show" display option, the portrait orientation photos display horizontally. I checked the Apple Discussion groups first and was told to re-save everything making sure it was displaying the proper orientation. Supposedly this would correct the metadata file.

So I opened every portrait image in PS and re-saved it. No dice. Today I called Apple support and they said I would need to re-save in either Preview or iPhoto.

Instead of starting all over again, does anyone have any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 23, 2008
For ScreenSavers you need to save as JPEGs but your Monitor is almost certainly in landscape format. (A few monitors do allow you to re-orient them and mount them in Portrait format.)

If you want to use Portrait-format images as ScreenSavers you may find that you need to save each image as a landscape shape (1024 x 768 pixels RGB JPEGs) with your photograph centered on a colored or textured background.

(I have not tried using portrait-oriented images as screen-savers so this is just a guess and you will have to experiment to see what works.)

The JPEGs that I have used as screen-savers have always been created in Photoshop and never in either Preview or iPhoto.
B
Buko
Jul 23, 2008
for screen savers I have always just pointed to the folder I want to use no matter what file types are in there.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Jul 24, 2008
correct the metadata file.

There’s a couple things you can try. You can save jpegs out of PS with Save for Web, which strips the metadata. Or you can try copying the file into a new blank document and saving the new file.

Both are tedious and it’s silly the OS does that.

Carl.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections