CW
Posted By
chava_wallace
Apr 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Previously used Photodeluxe, but was not compatible with Windows XP. It was so user friendly! In that program, it was easy to resize photos for web and keep the files at 50K or under (which is the recommended size). Sizing them @ 3" x 4" or a little larger, kept them at around 50K.

Is there any easy way to do this in 2.0? I keep hopping back and forth between the resize image screen and save for web screen to see what the finished size is (50K). Is there any way to determine what the final jpeg kilobytes are while still in the resize image screen? In the resize screen, it will list it as 482K when actually jpeg is 56K, or 451K when actually 21.82K or 451K when actually 50.95K. I thought perhaps sizing it at 451K pixels would do it, but the jpeg figure was 50.95 on one image and 21.81 on the other. I have searched on the web and thru tutorials, but no one really addresses this. Thanks for any help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KW
Kyle_White
Apr 10, 2004
The trick to using "Save for Web…" in PSE2 is to do all the resizing and JPEG quality adjustments in the Save for Web window.

The adjustments that are available on the right will let you select the JPEG quality and re-size the image that will be "Saved for Web", without touching the original. Under each image, the image sizes are displayed, including the estimated download time for the Web image, for a given Internet connection speed. The size on the "Original" side is the uncompressed image size, as it occupies memory in PSE2, not necessarily the actual file size on disk. The size on the "Web" side is the estimated size that will result of the choices you’ve made and is reasonably accurate when you save the file to disk.

HTH

Kyle
CW
chava_wallace
Apr 10, 2004
Kyle
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
It is so easy! Tried it and it works great & really quick. Chava
KW
Kyle_White
Apr 10, 2004
Happy to help!

🙂

Kyle
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Apr 10, 2004
Chava,
Many times when I elect to send a picture file in e-mail as an attachment, I do the following steps which automate the process to conform the file to reasonable web dimensions, in WIN-XP:
MyPictures>file name>right click>send to>mail recipient … Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections