Y
Posted By
yinako
Dec 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I first open a image in photoshopCS2,it hangs for about 50sec! its crazy ! this only happens first time i open a image, but it happens every time I open photoshop. I don’t how this happened I never got this problem before.

When it hangs all screen UI in CS2 goes to white colour and I can’t move my mouse.

And I dont think its my machine speed, I have dual xeon, 4G RAM windowsXP SP2

I have a 2 monitor setup and main monitor runing CS2, on right hand side. using a GeforceFX4500.

Can anyone suggest some fix? or if this have happend to you before.

Before this I had CS2 installed it was fine. and I have all the updates, on CS2. WTHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I run CS2 every day you can imagine how fustraded….I am.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Dec 8, 2006
Could it be trying to open the file across a network, or be looking for a networked printer? You might try adding a phony local printer set to be the default.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 8, 2006
The all white UI doesn’t sound good.

Are your processors about 3.0 Ghz and hyperthreaded?
If so, try turning off HyperThreading in the BIOS and see if that solve it. If that works, you probably need to update the BIOS to work around a chip defect in HyperThreading.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections