M
Posted By
maccie
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m going crazy here. I bought Richard Lynch’s book and I’m trying to install the tools. The installer asks for a code from the companion text and I cannot for the life of me find this "code".

I’ve read all there is to read and I don’t know what they mean by "companion" text.

Has anyone installed this CD from his book and can tell me where this code is so I can install the software. Sorry to bring this problem here but I don’t know where else to go. I e-mailed the author but haven’t heard back yet.

Am using a Mac and Panther. Hope someone can shed some light here.

Maccie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RobertHJones
Apr 14, 2004
Maccie,

The "companion text" is the book. The instructions for installing the tools and the required password are located at the end of the "Introduction". Please read it before attempting to install.

There are some issues with installing on a Mac. Please see the Hidden Powers forums at
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&day sprune=&forumid=142 for information. You should direct your questions to that forum or to the author directly.

Bob
M
maccie
Apr 14, 2004
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !

I never would have thought I needed to read the introduction in the book. I kept looking in the CD information and the read me files. Never ran into this kind of thing before.

I also had trouble installing the free tools. Had them installed in Jaguar but can’t do it now in Panther.

Again Thank You for replying. I was very frustrated.

Maccie
RL
Richard_Lynch
Apr 19, 2004
Maccie,

The introduction also has information about how to get to the website and how to contact the author…these two resources can help as well. Please feel free to discuss topics related to the book on the book’s forum, as RHJ suggested. While the forum here has some helpful people(!) it is not meant to be a help line for those seeking help with Hidden Power.

Glad you are up and running.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections