JJ
Posted By
jo_jeffery
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem with Photoshop 7 that has only recently occured without me having knowingly changed any settings. It seems that when I attempt to either transform (in integers or freehand) a geometric shape, it does not ‘update’ the image, therefore the edges appear zig zagged as if cut roughly. I have reinstalled Photoshop to reset the preferences, but the problem still occurs. The image also prints this way and displays poorly in other image manipulation programs. I have tried saving the image in different formats and resolutions, but with no joy.

I have also noticed that my cursors do not display correctly, if I return to standard in the preferences, they still only show the crosshair. Is this related?

Please help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 14, 2004
This is the Elements forum, so you might want to post this on the forum for full PS. However, I couple of things caught my attention. On most systems (as a matter of fact all I know of) reinstalling does NOT reset the Preference folder. That has to be done manually. There’s a keyboard shortcut so it can be done without an uninstall/reinstall. You might try it and see if it helps. It should be:

With PS closed, click on the start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will rebuild as the launch continues. Or, at least this is the Elements keyboard routine, but I think it’s the same in full PS.

I also see where you’re getting the crosshair. Do you have caps lock on by any chance?

If neither of these suggestions help, I suggest trying the other forum. Good luck.
JJ
jo_jeffery
Apr 14, 2004
I have a problem with Photoshop 7 that has only recently occured without me having knowingly changed any settings. It seems that when I attempt to either transform (in integers or freehand) a geometric shape, it does not ‘update’ the image, therefore the edges appear zig zagged as if cut roughly. I have reinstalled Photoshop to reset the preferences, but the problem still occurs. The image also prints this way and displays poorly in other image manipulation programs. I have tried saving the image in different formats and resolutions, but with no joy.
I have also noticed that my cursors do not display correctly, if I return to standard in the preferences, they still only show the crosshair. Is this related?
Please help!
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 14, 2004
2 things:

1) Reinstalling PS does not reset prefs. See the FAQ for instructions.

2) The mouse pointer: try hitting CAPSLOCK.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections