R
Posted By
Rdee
Aug 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m pretty good with Photoshop but not that good as I need to create a linear gradient exactly as it looks in the link below. I know its done with noise and multiply but I can’t get the colors and spacing right.

See the blue banner here for what I mean

<http://www.intheparlour.com/>

thx

rdee

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 5, 2008
Hi Rdee,

The problem you are facing is that gradient was made with KPT Gradient Lab. The last time it worked was in Photoshop was CS2. Procreate released it in a collection called KPT Collection. The tool which makes it so easy is that in one window you make one gradient with very dark blue/black across the whole and then click and add a complementary lighter blue in the middle to create the original. Then there is a Frequency slider which basically duplicated and compressed the original across the preview window in the Grad Lab. It was very simple with KPT and devilishly hard to replicate without it. Here’s a two minute sample…

<http://homepage.mac.com/wellesgoodrich/KPTGrad.jpg>
R
Rdee
Aug 5, 2008
Real nice of you to do that for me.

thx

rdee
P
Phosphor
Aug 5, 2008
Yup…Gradient Designer originally came with the KPT3 package. I still have it available—and I use it—for Photoshop running under the Classic environment.

KPT…another wide-ranging commodity Adobe should have bought.
AR
alan_ruta
Aug 5, 2008
Yeah, purchased it and redid the interface ala Mac. I always hated the way they created their own, now intuitive (IMHO), non apple toolbox interface.

alan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections