RD
Posted By
Raoul Duke
Dec 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all, I know this is going to be a pretty simple answer for most you all, so here it is: I’m trying to learn how to insert myself into pics, or inserting others into my pics, i.e. inserting Elvis or JFK into pics of my birthday etc. I have learned alot about isolating images and copying them to a new layer from a video tutorial site (I would provide the link but I’m on the wrong computer). The video tutorial I found really informative was one where the guy took a pic of his friend and turned him into a "statue" using the dodge tool and whatnot, then put a garden scene behind him. Although the guy really didn’t look to "statue-like", it’s basically what I’m trying to do. But, while the tutorial explained every step of the process, it didn’t explain how he put the background in, he just did it.

I’d love to be able to do this stuff. I think it’d be quite funny to have an 8×10 of the famous JFK inauguration with me in one of the seats in the background, maybe with a beer and a dog. Or, I have a good pic of my B-day with all the people standing behind me as I’m blowing out the candles, I could throw Elvis and Jesus into the back of the crowd. These would be hilarious lifelong treasures to me. I just need to know how to re-size and insert the pics.

Could anyone take pity and work with me or point me to a free site that can help me? I can’t afford to buy a book or video. I’m broke as hell. I’m in college and have to eat at the ‘free’ cafeteria most days. The only luxury I have is this internet and great laser printers provided by school. These photos surely would brighten up my day and dorm room.

P.S. I’d be using Photoshop CS2.

Raoul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 14, 2006
"Raoul Duke" wrote in message
Hey all, I know this is going to be a pretty simple answer for most you all, so here it is: I’m trying to learn how to insert myself into pics, or inserting others into my pics, i.e. inserting Elvis or JFK into pics of my birthday etc. I have learned alot about isolating images and copying them to a new layer from a video tutorial site (I would provide the link but I’m on the wrong computer). The video tutorial I found really informative was one where the guy took a pic of his friend and turned him into a "statue" using the dodge tool and whatnot, then put a garden scene behind him. Although the guy really didn’t look to "statue-like", it’s basically what I’m trying to do. But, while the tutorial explained every step of the process, it didn’t explain how he put the background in, he just did it.

I’d love to be able to do this stuff. I think it’d be quite funny to have an 8×10 of the famous JFK inauguration with me in one of the seats in the background, maybe with a beer and a dog. Or, I have a good pic of my B-day with all the people standing behind me as I’m blowing out the candles, I could throw Elvis and Jesus into the back of the crowd. These would be hilarious lifelong treasures to me. I just need to know how to re-size and insert the pics.

Could anyone take pity and work with me or point me to a free site that can help me? I can’t afford to buy a book or video. I’m broke as hell. I’m in college and have to eat at the ‘free’ cafeteria most days. The only luxury I have is this internet and great laser printers provided by school. These photos surely would brighten up my day and dorm room.
P.S. I’d be using Photoshop CS2.
Raoul

Take a look at the following link
http://www.pixel2life.com/search/4/layer%20masks/1/
and discover the magic and power of layer masks.

MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections