L
Posted By
littlez
Aug 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have glow that I want to delete some of it. Is there some way I can take the glow effect, place it on a layer and then use the eraser to delete what I want to?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 11, 2008
Is it part of a layer style or something which has been flattened? If it is still live and you can’t get the effect you need within the layer style dialog, you can always try Layer > Layer Style > Create Layer which tries to make individual layers out of all the effects in a layer style. Then you could use the eraser on the glow layer because it would then be a bitmap.
L
littlez
Aug 11, 2008
okay that duplicated the main layer, what I want to do is put the glow or drop shadow on a layer that I can erase on.
P
Phosphor
Aug 11, 2008
that duplicated the main layer

If you followed what Welles said exactly that wouldn’t happen. Try it again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections