D
Posted By
davidcontreras
Apr 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an imac 10.3.3 and safari is my browser. When I launch PE2 I get this error message: An error occurred while attempting to download a file from the Adobe online web server. The request was not understood by the server. HTTP#400-bad request.

There is the download progress bar and it is dimmed and static. I was able to click OK and the app would launch but this no longer happens. The spinning ball appears and I have to force quit PE2.
I diconnected the DSL line and launched PE2. Then I reconnected the DSL line. I then went to Adobe online, clicked on Preferences and selected Never for online updates. I quit PE2 and fiddled around for several minutes and launched the app with the DSL line connected. I was able to open PE2.
How can I resolve this issue? I want to get the updates. Who is the culprit-is it apple safar, verizon online dsl or adobe online server?
What are the correct preferences settings?
thanks for reading this far.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 17, 2004
There are no updates, and the problem you had is quite common. You’ve already made the recommended "fix", which is to disable the automatic option to check for updates. The problem isn’t on your end.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections