J
Posted By
JeffN
Sep 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one has bugged me for a long time. Thought I see if anyone here has an idea to solve it.

Often when I save an image and then highlight the file name in the Mac OS10.5x, the thumbnail or preview that appears in the "Preview" window of the finder is just the type layer, or a partial image, or even looks like a layer mask or alpha channel.
This makes it difficult to select the correct file without having to first open the file. I’ve tried re-saving the file and making sure the background layer is selected, and not a type or other partial layer in CS3 before I save the file. But the preview / thumbnail doesn’t change.
Anyone know why, or how I can get a preview that shows the whole / flattened file image.

Thanks
JeffN

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2008
It seems to happen if you have overlying adjustment layers or alpha channels.

I never notice it because I always use Bridge for all file previewing, sorting and moving.
J
JeffN
Sep 19, 2008
Hi Ann,
Ya I use Bridge for that also, but I keep a finder window open to access my "client folders / files" (three monitors) to move, open files on my system or over our network. But the lack of a flattened thumbnail makes is difficult sometimes to identify a photo, especially when looking as various "saved in process versions".
Any way to work around or fix this behavior?

JeffN
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2008
Apart from using Bridge, I haven’t discovered another way if the files contain over-lying adjustment or sharpening layers; or Alpha Channels.

There may be a Shareware program out there that can do what you want but I usually steer clear of most of such offerings — and just stick with Bridge.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections