RN
Posted By
Richard_Neumann
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to create a page of thumbnail images of the SAME image on a single page.

Here is what I have done:

1. I went to FILE, clicked on PRINT LAYOUTS, then on CONTACT SHEET.
2. I found the image in the photo program in which I had it stored.
3. Under DOCUMENT, I speficied the demensions, resolution, color mode for the contact sheet using the menus provided.
4. Then, under THUMBNAILS, I specified the layout options by selecting 6 rows across, and 8 columns.
7. I completed the requirements as directed.
8. Then, I cleck o.k. to create the contact sheet.

What I found was a single image rather than the 6 rows and 8 columns of the same image.

How do I do what I would like to do? Thanks for the help.

Rich

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RN
Richard_Neumann
Apr 26, 2004
I forgot to add. I had the image stored in an EasyPhoto folder, but since I made the Contact Sheet WITH THE SINGLE IMAGE, I can no longer find it in my EasyPhoto gallery.

How do I put it back where it belongs?

Help!!

Rich
NS
Nancy_S
Apr 26, 2004
Rich,

The contact sheet feature will create a thumbnail of each image within a folder (including subfolders if specified). The program will open each one, create a thumbnail and place it on the contact sheet.

You could easily make your 6×8 layout of one thumbnail by;

File>New
Create a new 8×10 document, set the resolution you desire (same as the CS)

Have the contact sheet open, Layers Palette visible. Drag the layer containing the ThN and drop it onto a visible piece of your new document. The ThN will be on its own layer in the Layers Palette of the new doc. Just keep duplicating the layer with the ThN and using the Move tool to reposition on doc as desired.
NS
Nancy_S
Apr 26, 2004
Rich,

Are you using Photoshop Elements or PhotoDeluxe?
RN
Richard_Neumann
Apr 26, 2004
I’m using Photoshop Elements … I also have Photo Deluxe.
RN
Richard_Neumann
Apr 26, 2004
How do I find the Layers Palette? Thanks.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2004
Richard, to get the Layer Palette, look under Window in the menu across the top of your screen. Scroll down to Layers.

What size do you want these small thumbnails to be? If you want a page filled with all the same image, maybe using one of the Picture Package layouts would do the job. People often come on the forum to complain that they selected a layout so they could print a number of different images and get a page with all the same one! There’s one preset for 20 – 2 X 2 images and another for 16 – 2 X 2.5. Maybe one of those would be easier, although if you want ot do it manually, the process Nancy outlined in the same one I’d use.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections