LH
Posted By
Laura_Hunter
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First of all, thanks to all who responded. I am now able to resize and print all the names that I needed. I took these team photos in our gym. I need to fix the background because we had put up a white sheet that did not totally cover the wall. I would like to make the background a solid color so that everything blends. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Laura

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SR
Schraven_Robert
Apr 28, 2004
Laura,

copy the original into a new layer. Then use the magic wand tool to select the background. You may have to click a few more times in case the background is not of consistent colour.
Reverse selection. You now have everything selected except the background and copy this into a new layer.
Then select layer styles and if I am not mistaken you will find that you have created a new background consisting of one colour.

Robert

PS: not sure if it is called layer styles
LH
Laura_Hunter
Apr 28, 2004
Deaar Robert:

I am going to try this right now. Thanks for all your help.

Laura
SR
Schraven_Robert
Apr 28, 2004
Laura,

I double checked. You should not go to layer styles but should go to new fill layer and then choose solid colour. That way you will get a new layer with a monochrome colour as your background. You can play with opacity to vary the intensity of the colour.

Robert
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 29, 2004
Laura,

I have an idea along Robert Shraven’s lines. What if instead of using the color fill you use the pattern fill. I’m thinking if you have a nice picture say of a park or beach you could take your marquee tool select the whole picture. Go to edit<define pattern. Next select out the background of the team photo as you and Robert were discussing only use pattern fill instead of color fill. Note: You can use the slider to scale the pattern fill. This may not be something you want to do but thought the more ideas the merrier.

Terri

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections