HR
Posted By
Henry_Ross
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop Elements 2, when opening a directory containing pictures… the instant I click on any single picture, it IMMEDIATELLY turns into one that has a deep orange cast. Once this happens , it stays that way IN PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2 ONLY. It is like laying an orange filter over the picture. Even when the program is closed, and then re-opened, the orange color stays on that picture and I cannot find anyway to eliminate this or to work on the picture once this has happened.This appears to be an overall orange color cast which is created by Photoshop Elements 2 and exists IN THAT PROGRAM ONLY. Looking at the same picture in any other graphic program , the picture is perfectly normal and can be worked on.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BB
brent_bertram
Apr 30, 2004
It sounds like your monitor profile is screwy. I’d build a new one with Adobe Gamma utility, and see what happens. <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm> . Elements is a color managed app and displays all images adjusted by the default monitor profile , Ian Lyons Image Flow < http://www.btinternet.com/~ian.lyons/ps7-colour/ps7_color.gi f>

🙂

Brent
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 30, 2004
Henry,

You are describing exactly what I experienced when I began using PSE2, except in my case it was a pink cast.

In addition to calibrating my display, as Bert recommends, I had to download and install the "IgnoreEXIF" utility from Adobe to get rid of the pinkish color. In my case, monitor calibration, while a necessity, had very little impact on the color cast, and the IgnoreEXIF utility made the "night and day" difference.

Byron
HR
Henry_Ross
May 1, 2004
I am very reluctant to run the Adobe Gamma utility for fear of irreperably screwing up the monitor settings,if it does not help. There are 400 programs on my computer and NONE of them have any problem with the color. The problem is ONLY with Photoshop Elements 2; suggesting that the problem is due to some setting in PE2??? The monitor must already be properly calibrated if the other 400 programs have no problem with color (Intel Graphics controller?).
If I run the Adobe Gamma utility and it does not work; can it be undone? I tried Ignore EXIF, by itself, and it did not help.
I can post pictures of what is happening in PE2, if we can use email.
SS
Susan_S.
May 1, 2004
Callibrating the monitor has two aspects to it – one is getting the screen to look right; the other is generating a colour profile that tells colour managed applications how the screen looks and therefore how to display colours. It’s likely that it’s the profile that is screwy – recallibrating is likely to have relatively little affect on how colours look in other apps but will give Elements (which is likely to be the only colour manged application) a correct profile so that it displays colours correctly.

Susan S.
HR
Henry_Ross
May 2, 2004
I ran the Adobe Gamma utility and it appears to have corrected the problem. I was surprised at
how easy it was. I followed the instructions in the url provided by Brent in the first reply above,but the only thing it let me do was to adjust the grey box. Nothing else came up,. to do, after that… no red, green and blue…. no brightness and contrast….NOTHING! And yet it appears to be working properly although I think that the display seems to be a bit too bright, but it is certainly a lot better than it was and NO HORRIBLE ORANGE OVERCAST!
Many thanks to all of you for your help!
Henry
RR
Robert_Rundbaken
May 3, 2004
I have prints that are coming ut much cooler than what i see in PE. In PE I have the shot exactly how I want it. When it prints I get a much cooler shot over all and in the case of flesh tones somewhat pinker.

I have a Canon i950, I’m using Canon paper. I set the print option to colorsync and detailed/fine, chose the right paper etc. Also used BJ standard. tried everything.

I downloaded the ignoreEXIF, and added its folder to PE Plugins. No change. I tried color managment, no management, on and on

The files are originally TIF. some had to be lightened and otherwise adjusted but again I am seeing a operfect shot in PE. I don’t have this problem with other photos, perhaps the fleshtones are still a little pink but otherwise fine. This series, which are all from one party, I can’t get what I have in PE to the printer.

I am running MAc OSX 10.2.8.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections