S
Posted By
Sam85
Oct 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Over the last two days I’m having major problems with crop tool in PS3. When I crop an image it reduces the size to 1 pixel by 1 pixel. If I try to change image size, I get a blank box–nothing inside. IF, however, I crop in iPhoto (a creaky and annoying process) and THEN edit, then it works fine. No other freqently used editing tools appear to be affected.

I recently upgraded to iPhoto 8 and OSX Leopard 10.5.5 in Mac–never had issues of this nature prior to Friday. Ideas, anyone?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
Sam,

Not only are you hijacking a totally unrelated thread but also burying your question where few people will find it.

By all means feel free to start a new thread next time if you don’t find a relevant one.

This is a common question that has been discussed to death in existing threads already. Do a forum search on "crop tool".
R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
For instance:

progress, "Cropping – Can only be 1 pixel" #11, 12 Sep 2008 3:25 am </webx?14/10>
S
Sam85
Oct 6, 2008
I found a reference in another forum to going to the "options" bar and clicking "clear"–that fixed the problem. Thanks!
EO
Eric_Onasick
Oct 9, 2008
The 1px was pre-set in the Crop width field when I installed PS CS3 for the first time on Leopard. As jean p has said many times, simply clear the crop tool and you are in business.
A
andrewll
Jan 22, 2009
good advice

thanks a lot – sorted our problem right away

not sure how the crop got down to 1 pixel in the first place, but never mind

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections