K
Posted By
KevinBBG
Oct 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I opened Photoshop this morning I discovered that all my preferences were gone. I had to reset all my windows, very annoying because I put all tools on the second monitor. I have no idea why this happened.

I reset everything and saved it then made sure I had a second version backed up, all seemed fine. Then I noticed all my menus at the top looked different, many selections were gone and an extra one was there that said "Show All Menu Items". So I selected it only to find that I had to select it again the next time I dropped down that menu. This happens with all the top menus that have this option and I have to redo it each time I use that menu, it won’t stay there as the default.

I’ve never seen this before, the menu I get when I click on "Show All Menu Items" is the menu I have always had. Is there an easy way to fix this? I went looking for a setting for that but can’t find one.

I’m running CS3 on and Intel iMac with Leopard, 10.5.5

Kevin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
KevinBBG
Oct 6, 2008
OK, just found the problem, I had to open up Menus just below Keyboard Shortcuts (neither of which showed up until I clicked on "Show All Menu Items"). In there I found I was using Basic(revised). Very odd since I have never opened up that menu before and never changed it from the defaults so how did this get revised?

So I reset it to Photoshop Defaults and all is well once again.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me why or how all this could have changed. I did run Cocktail last Friday and cleaned caches, but I have done this before more than once with no problems, nor were any other CS3 apps affected.

Kevin
AW
Allen_Wicks
Oct 7, 2008
I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me why or how all this could have changed.

It is very technical: Stuff happens!
L
Lundberg02
Oct 7, 2008
You need to have "It’s A Kind Of Magic" playing in the background at all times.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections