S
Posted By
syntheticmagic
Jan 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, apparently I didn’t get the memo on the hotkey changes. I checked the list, but couldn’t locate it.

I’m trying the old ALT+Layer Select to outline select the item per that layer.

What’s the updated method?

-syntheticMagic

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 9, 2007
memo?

hotkey changes?

List?

Alt+Layer?

I’m having difficulty understanding exactly what it is you are trying to acheive. Are you trying to select the pixels in a layer as per the "Select Transparency" option in the right-click flyout?

If so the shortcut is Ctrl +click in the thumbnail.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Chris.

PS: I notice that in the CS3 BETA "Select Transparency" can been renamed to "Select Pixels" (which is what it does)
S
syntheticmagic
Jan 9, 2007
I solved this. Basically I wasn’t seeing the CTRL+Layer to put a selection on the item inside it.

For some reason it wasn’t working..
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 9, 2007
starting in cs2 you need to crtl-click the thumbnail in the layer palette. before that you could control click anywhere on the layer.
RG
Ricardo_Garza
Apr 4, 2007
Control + Click to select contents on a layer does not work (it just de-selects the layer) what is the new short cut for this action or do I not have something turned on correctly?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 4, 2007
Thumbnail!!

(as at least two others have pointed out.) Just Ctrl-clicking the layer doesn’t work any more.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections