VI
Posted By
vicki_irvine
Oct 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to do some images with a transparent background in Photoshop CS3. The psd file has a transparent background, then file-save for web and devices, then save as GIF, transparency ticked and Diffusion Transparency Dither.

Always, there are white bits all around the edges instead of having my background come through when shown in the web browser.

If I try and save with "no transparency dither" it has a white background.

What part am I missing?

Thanks,
Vicki

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Oct 16, 2008
What Matting do you gave set?

Does the original have fuzzy (translucent) edges?
LJ
Luke_Jennings
Oct 16, 2008
If matting doesn’t fix it, try this: Select the object transparency (control click on the layer thumbnail) and make a layer mask (icon at bottom of layer panel). Select the layer mask (option click on the thumbnail) then use curves to make all the gray pixels black (you might need to do this twice). This should mask out the white jaggies.
VI
vicki_irvine
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you both for your input. I changed matte to none and all worked well.

Vicki

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections