Posted By
glenn_losack
Oct 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Pshop CS3, Mac Pro 10.5.4 bridge or photoshop

cant try this anymore. it is not working. want to take 145 jpgs ( 750k) and put a frame around each one via batch processing. I have followed 3 different methods using bridge or pshop

automate>batch. if i use Bridge and select the image files and hit OK the action proceeds then i get a save to with a TIFF option? want this ( I thought simple procedure ) to go smoothly without my intervention. Please if you can walk me thru this process. Source folder and Destination folder are on the desktop names 1 and 2. i cant get it to work. very frustrating
thanks

Ramon Ann anyone?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
The easiest way to do this is to run Image Processor through Bridge on a bunch of selected images.

Set Image Processor to use an Action (which you have previously created) to make a border on each image.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Oct 17, 2008
Recognize that resaving JPG files can diminish their quality.

If this border is required for JPG files in a web page, consider a simple tweak to the HTML or CSS to apply a stroke around the images. No batch image operation may be needed and you can maintain the current quality of your images.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
You can actually do this for a whole Web Gallery from the Bridge CS4 Output panel with one click of a button if you create a Custom Style that includes an image border.

But it does take a bit of basic knowledge of HTML and some very deep digging (eight levels down in your Library folder!) to find an XML template to duplicate and modify in this way.

I did that and it has proved to have been well worth the effort as it now saves me an enormous amount of time.

However, I suspect that that is far more than Glenn probably wanted to know?
GL
glenn_losack
Oct 17, 2008
oh my god

ANN

you have come through again for me

you and Ramon are simply the best

thanks thanks thanks

glenn losack
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
We are always here for you, Glenn!

🙂
NT
Nini Tj
Oct 18, 2008
Ann, when you say eight levels down in the Library, did you mean Macintosh HD/Library/Application support/Adobe/Bridge CS4 Extensions/Adobe Output Module/mediagallery/resources/ and one of the styles in there? Just to confirm I’m in the right place.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, that’s correct. (Actually it is about ten levels down!)

There is a whole thread about this which you might find useful:

Cindy, "Web Photo Gallery in CS4" #, 17 Oct 2008 8:25 pm </webx?14>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections