AJ
Posted By
Anthony_Jefferies
Oct 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I run CS3 on my new laptop as well as my main computer or do I need another license?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Oct 22, 2008
Can I run CS3 on my new laptop as well as my main computer

Yes
AW
Allen_Wicks
Oct 22, 2008
2 Macs, one user, OK with one license.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 22, 2008
OK for non-simultaneous use.

Neil
AJ
Anthony_Jefferies
Oct 22, 2008
How do I do this? I burned CS3 to disc like I did with Lightroom but unlike LR that allows me to punch in my license number I get nothing from CS3.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 22, 2008
Photoshop asks for licensing when you launch it the first time.
AJ
Anthony_Jefferies
Oct 23, 2008
Got it. Thanks.
AL
Anna_Lafleur
Oct 25, 2008
How can I transfer the programs from my old computer to the new one? The DVD I burned and the external hard drive won’t let me open the programs. It says the licensing has run out, but doesn’t give me the opportunity to enter in my serial number.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 25, 2008
If you purchased the software by download from Adobe and have the original Installer (as opposed to a duplicate of the actual program) on your DVD, drag it to the desktop and do a new installation from there.
AL
Anna_Lafleur
Oct 25, 2008
I purchased it on a disc and all three programs are separate on my computer, rather than being included in a "design standard" folder in my applications.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 25, 2008
An official ADOBE set of DVDs — or something you got off eBay?

If it’s the latter, i am afraid that you have probably been duped and that this is pirated software which you will be unable to install.
AL
Anna_Lafleur
Oct 25, 2008
No it’s a real Adobe DVD, I just don’t have the disc with me and I’d rather not have them send me another one for a fee. Is there a way to transfer the programs with just a blank DVD or an external hard drive? I need to get to a screen where I can enter in my serial number.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
If you have an External HD with your programs on it, you could attach it to a different computer and the program will probably launch so that you can de-activate it before copying it to the new computer and re-activating it.
AL
Anna_Lafleur
Oct 26, 2008
Okay thanks, I will try that and if it doesn’t work, I’ll just reorder the disc from Adobe. Thanks again
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
The problem that you may run into if the external HD does not contain your complete System is that vital components of your Adobe programs will be missing rendering the applications inoperable.

You didn’t say which Apps. you are using but you might be able to download a trial copy from Adobe and use it for 30 days on the new computer until you can retrieve your own DVDs.
B
Buko
Oct 26, 2008
Adobe apps need to be run from the applications folder. You can’t run apps copied to an external hard drive. You need to reinstall from the original DVDs
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
I wasn’t sure if the external HD that Diane has with her is a complete back-up of her System and Apps from her HD or not.

Her best bet is probably to install a downloaded trial version on the borrowed computer until she gets her original Adobe DVDs back.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
I wasn’t sure if the external HD that Diane has with her is a complete back-up of her System and Apps from her HD or not.

Her best bet is probably to install a downloaded trial version on the borrowed computer until she gets her original Adobe DVDs back.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections