RL
Posted By
Rick Lyon
Oct 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I only use one gradient, foreground color to transparent. Yet, every time I go to use the gradient tool, there are solid colors in my gradient window and neither is the current foreground color. I don’t know where CS4 is getting these colors from and I wish it would stop. If I selected the one style, it needs to stay on that gradient style until I select something else.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature-if it’s a new feature I want to turn it off. It’s getting the colors from somewhere instead of what I select.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Oct 31, 2008
Have you actually selected the correct gradient Rick, the foreground to transparent one? may seem like obvious question, but if its not this then sounds like a bug.
B
Buko
Oct 31, 2008
Not had this problem works are it should for me.
RL
Rick Lyon
Oct 31, 2008
I select my foreground to transparent gradient style from the top tool bar, and everything works as should. I can go from tool and tool and back and selected gradients style is the last selected gradient. However, new to CS4 ( I came from CS2) when I select ANY color in the blending options window, those colors then populate the gradient! So it’s taking selected colors from a gradient done in the blending options window and making that my gradient selection for the gradient tool.

That is new and interrupts my work flow because I have to constantly select the gradient to transparent style whenever I select the gradient tool now. Before the gradient tool had it’s own selected gradient style and was not pulling from the gradient done through the blending options window. It’s very annoying.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections