Posted By
SNAVS
Aug 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

Maybe this have been asked before allthough I have looked in the forum.

When I open a JPG image taken with a D60, it looks nice in Photoshop. However when I try to save for web or save as the color is not the same anymore? Why not?
The picture looks nicer than the picture in the save for web dialog.

Regards,

Kenneth

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Madsen
Aug 20, 2003
SNAVS wrote:

When I open a JPG image taken with a D60, it looks nice in Photoshop. However when I try to save for web or save as the color is not the same anymore? Why not?

Most browsers haven’t got a clue what color management is so save for web shows you a non-color managed image or uncompensated color, as Save for Web calls it. Photoshop on the other hand, is a color managed application.
You can set Save for Web to show a color managed image but you’ll probably be better off if you set Photoshop to show you how the image will look like in your browser instead. If you do that, the colors inside Photoshop and inside Save for Web should be identical or at least very close to each other.

In the View > Proof Setup menu inside Photoshop you can choose the setting called ‘Monitor RGB’ and make sure that Proof Colors is turned on (Ctrl + Y), then you can soft proof on screen how the image will look like in your browser inside Photoshop. If you’re not satisfied with the soft proof image, then adjust it in soft proof mode until you are and then save it with Save for Web. That should give you consistent colors between Photoshop via Save for Web and to your browser.

Regards
Madsen.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections