DB
Posted By
Donald_Bullock
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new. I’m trying to create a logo which is simply a couple of words, and with a transparent background and be able to save it as a graphic of some sort. When I do (tried jpeg) I always get a "white" background. Is there a way to save just the letters without any background at all? Thanks, Don

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 18, 2004
GIF is only one that works on web, for all browsers.
PNG works for *some* versions of *some* browsers.

Transparent PSD works in some apps, like InDesign and Illustrator. Transparent TIFF works in some apps, don’t have a list…works in PowerPoint for example.

The limiting factor is the program you are bringing it INTO.

Sounds like you may be doing web, so GIF sounds perfect for your simple graphic.

Mac
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 18, 2004
Don,
Go to File>new and at bottom of box under contents check transparent. Open layers palette and duplicate background layer. Shut off visibility of background later. Working on duplicate layer, type in your logo. You will see that the background is transparent. However, when you print this, you will still have white if you are using white paper. You can , of course, put the text (logo) layer against any background of your choice – that is the beauty of working in layers.
Hope that this helps.
Ken
BT
Ben_T
May 18, 2004
Try this workaround;
In MS Word insert a text box.
Type your text into text box.
Format text box > No Fill > No Lines > OK
Copy text box
In Elements > Paste
With Magic Wand delete white background.
HTH – Ben T

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections