TM
Posted By
Thomas_McKenrick
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements 2.0 and have XP Professional. Are there any plugins available to support wmv files in order to create photos from those files. Is there a different solution available – upgrades? I am new to this product and I have looked at the various resources on this forum. I have not found any answer yet. Would you consider helping me to rectify this problem or is there no solution available that is associated with this product?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 25, 2004
Thomas,

If I understand correctly, you want to make your images into a Windows Movie (wmv) file, like a slideshow ? It’s not possible with Photoshop Elements. PSE will only make a PDF slideshow. You might find a PDF to WMV converter, but I haven’t seen this yet (though I’m no expert).

To make slideshows that may be burned into different formats, including WMV, you’ll need a software to create slideshow to be burned on CD or DVD. There are quite a few, Ulead DVD Picture Show, NovaSoft Video Explosion, Ulead Video Studio, Pinacle Studio, etc. I’m not sure that all of these support WMV (I mean you’ll have to check on the box or on the publisher’s website for that).

Ray
JH
Jim_Hess
May 25, 2004
Since you are using Windows XP, you can download Windows Movie Maker from Microsoft. You can use it to create slide shows, and you can include background music if you want to. If you want to purchase the Microsoft Plus! Media package, there is a program included with it that will enable you to create photo albums as well. It provides the capability to pan and zoom on your still images. Windows Movie Maker is a free download, and you can purchase the Plus! Package for $19.95.
TM
Thomas_McKenrick
May 26, 2004
Thank you Jim,
I guess that I wasn’t clear with my original posting but I take it from your reply that Windows Movie Maker will allow me to capture a photo from my wmv files. If that is not correct, please, let me know.
Appreciate the information
Thomas McKenrick
JH
Jim_Hess
May 26, 2004
Thomas,

I apologize most sincerely. I misunderstood your question. I’m not aware of a software package that will enable you to capture frames from a Windows Media Player file. I do know that some of the video editing software programs will enable you to capture a frame from an AVI file or an MPEG file, but that is a different situation. I use a very simple video editor, Pinnacle Studio 9, and Windows Media Player file is one of the output formats, but it is not one that can be loaded into the editor. And files have to be loaded into the editor in Studio in order to be able to capture a frame to a still image.
PA
Patti_Anderson
May 26, 2004
Can’t you use the File>Import>Frame from Video in Elements to do this? I’ve not used it except to play with once, but I think that’s what it’s for.

Patti
JH
Jim_Hess
May 26, 2004
Patti!

I did not know that! I have completely overlooked that feature. I just loaded a Windows Media Player file and captured a frame. It worked perfectly. Thank you for pointing out that feature.

Jim
TM
Thomas_McKenrick
May 27, 2004
Patti,
Thank you for the simple answer. It works fine. I assumed it would not work because when I opened the folder inside of the Adobe browse feature, I did not see any files listed. I assumed it did not support the extension. Thanks Again

Thomas

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections