V
Posted By
victorrezendes
May 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new user and have a basic question. When I use one of the tools such as the stamp or zoom, I can’t seem to get rid of it. How to I close it so when I am working on the photo it does not continue to work. I have tried closing it in Windows tab by unclicking tools, but the last tool I used remains in the Options bar and will not go away.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GD
Grant_Dixon
May 25, 2004
The last tool used is always the tool that is available in Elements. You simply have to select a new tool to get rid of it. While this may seem a bit of a pain first it will become second nature after a while.

G.
DG
David G House
May 25, 2004
victorrezendes

I’ve had the same annoyance.. what I have done is to click on the "Arrow" Selection tool after doing whatever I am doing…

David
J
jhjl1
May 25, 2004
When you finish with a tool you might try switching to the hand or zoom tool so that you don’t change your photo in an unexpected way.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
news:
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2004
I tend to change to the lasso at least with that you can do no damage … 🙂

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 25, 2004
Hi, my name is Jodi and I’m a marquee parker <standing up>

Now say "Hi Jodi" and make me feel comfortable

currently on the 12 step program to do something else other than Photoshop.
DG
David G House
May 25, 2004
LOL. @ Jodi…. it’s been one of those wacky kinda days hasn’t it….. although I’ve just met you Jodi (in a vertural kind of way) I am quickly seeing "wacky days" fit your personality (typed in the most kindest of ways).. :0 🙂 ;)…..

David
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 25, 2004
David, ya, I’m a wack. Welcome to my world 🙂
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
May 26, 2004
I usually use the marquee, too, because I can’t do any damage to the picture with it. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections