B
Posted By
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did post this in the Bridge Forum too.

Basically the title sums it up. all other files show as they should. the RAW files are from a Fuji S5 Pro. everything worked this morning. have purged cache still no love.

everything works in a new user. what am I missing? if I go to a new folder that worked before the thumbs show up but then turn generic within seconds.

never had this happen before.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Nov 6, 2008
Sorry to hear that, Buko.

It sounds like cache management remains a problem in the latest iteration of Bridge. That is most disturbing news. Cache management has always been Bridge’s main weakness.

Try launching Bridge with the Option key down and check all boxes in the ensuing dialog box. (In Bridge 2.x you would still have to use the Purge Cash command in the Tools folder for each folder after doing this.)
B
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
that didn’t work either
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Could you have launched an earlier version of Bridge recently from your original User’s Account?

Could the problem have anything to do with the new ACR 5.1 camera profiles for your camera?

I have not seen anything like this happen with Bridge CS4 and Nikon RAW .nefs..
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Nov 6, 2008
Have you already tried to delete the plist file for Bridge from the user library prefs? Although I did this multiple times for CS3 it has not been necessary for CS4 which I find very stable, but maybe it works for you.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Buko:

Are you using Bridge’s "Get Photos …" or something else to download the images from your card?

Can you try using the other one instead?
B
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
Well I’m using 5.2 but that was working earlier swapped out with 5.1 no love. and like I said everything works in a new user. Bridge CS3 works just fine.

Yes I deleted the plist no change.

I never use get photos.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Try using Bridge’s "Get Photos …".

I actually now prefer it to the Nikon and Canon download utilities.
B
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
I just copy the files to where I want them from my card.

But I don’t really think thats the problem as the Camera RAW prefs are grayed out.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Try removing and then re-installing any CR plug-ins that you may have and then re-installing only the latest one in:
Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CS4/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

I am wondering if drag-copying directly from your card is causing some sort of corruption? Do try the Bridge/Get Photos because you can use it to preview, select and download your images to any folder that you choose. I have had no problems with images copied to my HDs in that way.

The only times that I have run into a problem with thumbnails with generic icons has been with single (non-batched) scans to Tiffs using NikonScan.

The cure in that case is to simply Duplicate all of the generics in Bridge; and trash the originals. The Duplicates all show the correct thumbnails.
B
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
Try removing and then re-installing any CR plug-ins that you may have and then re-installing only the latest one in: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CS4/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

did that.

I am wondering if drag-copying directly from your card is causing some sort of corruption?

doubt that as everything worked flawlessly until about noon yesterday.

Do try the Bridge/Get Photos because you can use it to preview, select and download your images to any folder that you choose. I have had no problems with images copied to my HDs in that way.

The images are not on my cards anymore
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Corrupt ACR Plug-in maybe?

Try re-installing it and trashing "Adobe Camera Raw 5.0 Prefs" perhaps?

Also try the "Duplicate thumbnails and then trash originals" trick.
B
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
Also try the "Duplicate thumbnails and then trash originals" trick.

done that.

I’ll try the trash ACR prefs have not done that although it works just fine in Photoshop.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Good ol’ Cocktail and DiskWarrior too?!
B
Buko
Nov 6, 2008
Trashing and reinstalling ACR seemed to do the trick.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Great! I’m so glad that you were able to fix the problem.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Nov 6, 2008
Hi Buko,

Given your version discovery, this isn’t really the forum to posting questions 😉

thx
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2008
Well it did’nt work with 5.1 or 5.0 either. B)
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2008
neil you can delete this thread if you want. it serves no purpose.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections