Bridge cs2 batch problem – please help!!! desperate!!

M
Posted By
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a macos 10.4.11 G5 Mac and I’m running Creative Suite CS2 – I used to always be able to select images in bridge go to – Tools – Photoshop – Contact Sheet II – and the window would come up fine – the last couple of days when I try to do that it gives me the error message of "General Photoshop Error" – I really need for it to work for the project I’m doing – just limping along now.
Thank you in advance for your help

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
see if it works in a new user.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
no it doesn’t :o(
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
Next thing I would do is run DiskWarrior.

been a while since I ran CS2 is Photoshop already open?
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
yes, photoshop is open and I even closed it and tried it that way and still the same thing; it worked fine a couple of days ago – if I’m in photoshop I can do a contact sheet ii and select the open files and it works just fine – it is just so much convenient to do it in bridge where you can select the files you want (in case i have files open in Photoshop I don’t want to batch). I hope this makes sense.
P.S. Photoshop seems to be getting really pokey – I even made a new preference file (but to no avail)
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
you could try trashing bridge prefs.

Bridge in CS2 was the first version and was not the best.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
could you please tell me the exact location pref are – i could not seem to find it
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
From the FAQs in the Bridge Forum:

Q: How do I reset Bridge Preferences?

A: Hold down Cmd+Shift+Option (Mac) Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) keys when launching Bridge.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
that still didn’t work – being majorly stubborn – i really appreciate your help on this! It worked just fine the last couple of weeks and of course we are in a major rush job!
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
since this is a Bridge problem you should really ask over in the Bridge Forum. Post #7 was a subtle hint that this really is not the place to get help on Bridge issues.

the Bridge gurus hang out there.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
i’m over there – still the first question in the forum (been there since the early a.m.)!!! – thank you for your help!!!
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
Well like I said Bridge 1.0 was not the best.

have you updated it? to the latest version.

did you run Diskwarrior?
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
there are no new updates vs 1.0.4.6
I do not have disk warrior
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 21, 2008
Marie,

Alsoft’s DiskWarrior is an excellent tool to fix directory stuff and fragmentation that Apple’s Disk Utility does not.

Again, as yours appears to be a Bridge-specific problem, that is the forum you should be posting in.

Thanks.

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections