S
Posted By
smk1991
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to have text be circular, like in Word Art? I tried warping it, but can’t get a complete circle. I thought I had done it before in Photoshop Elements 2, but it has been soooo long ago I can’t remember what I did. Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MS
Mark_Sand
Jun 7, 2004
Take a look at Trevor Morris’s Photoshop Tutorials at
<http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop.shtml> There is a tutorial called "Text on a Curve (Circle)"
DS
Dick_Smith
Jun 7, 2004
Mark,

I just tried that tut in Elements 2. It gets close to circular but not exactly.

I suspect this maybe due to the inability in elements to set text spacing. When I tried it in CS it worked perfectly.

Unless I’m missing something. 🙂

Dick
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Jun 7, 2004
I succeeded in getting a complete circle of text in PSE 2.0 by using the tutorial mentioned above plus Richard Lynch’s Hidden Power Type Control Tool with 1000 tracking applied. The tool was provided on the CD that came with the April issue of Digital Photography Techniques and is designed to be used with Elements. Actually I got an oval, but was able to easily change the shape to a perfect circle using Free Transform or the Move Tool. The Text Control Tool allows one to control the space between letters as well as the space between lines of text. I don’t know whether or not the Text Control Tool is available through Richard’s web site.
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Jun 7, 2004
I succeeded in getting a perfect circle of text in PSE 2.0 by using the tutorial mentioned above plus Richard Lynch’s Hidden Power Text Control Tool with tracking set to 1000. Actually I got an oval, but by using Free Transform was easily able to change it into a circle. The Text Control Tool is on the CD that came with the April 2004 issue of Digital Photography Techniques. The tool permits adjusting the spacing between letters as well as between lines of text. It may be available through Richard’s web site, but I haven’t checked that out.
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Jun 7, 2004
Sorry, I didn’t think I remembered to send the first one!
S
smk1991
Jun 8, 2004
Thanks, I will try the tutorial. In the meantime, I created the circular text in Word Art, then pasted it into Photoshop Elements 2. Then I used the background eraser. I did have to create the Word Art much bigger than I needed because when I pasted it into PSE2, the edges were jagged. When I reduced it using PSE2 to the size I actually needed, the edges were smooth.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 8, 2004
hm, what is Word Art ? I’m going to have to go google that. Sounds interesting.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 8, 2004
should have known..it’s a ms word thing…which i don’t have 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections