ML
Posted By
Maryann_Lazer
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Working with Windows ME on an HP computer. When I open Elements I get the following message: "Unable to load Photoshop Elements Interface font. Instead, using a substitute font. The interface may not look optimal. We strongly suggest that you reboot the system and launch Photoshop Elements again." This is followed by another error message: "The Adobe UT font could not be loaded. For best results, please exit the program and either install it or uninstall other fonts." Tried rebooting — no change. Uninstalled program and reinstalled it — no change. Everything seems to be working fine so far; it’s just annoying having the message there every time I open the program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’m working with kind of an old version of Elements 2.0. Should I get a new one?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Jun 7, 2004
Maryann,
Try a reinstall over the previous install.
Rich
ML
Maryann_Lazer
Jun 9, 2004
Rich,
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
Maryann
AD
Andre_Dominguez
Jun 16, 2004
Working with Windows 98 on an IBM computer. When I open Elements I get the following error messages: (1) "Unable to load Photoshop Elements Interface font. Instead, using a substitute font. The interface may not look optimal. We strongly suggest that you reboot the system and launch Photoshop again." This is followed by another error message: (2) "The Adobe UT font could not be loaded. For best results, please exit the program and either install it or uninstall other fonts." Tried rebooting — no change. Uninstalled program and reinstalled it — no change. Everything seems to be working fine so far; it’s just annoying having the message there every time I open the program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’m working with a current version of Elements 2.0 purchased this year.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 16, 2004
Just how many fonts do you have? Perhaps you have too many installed. I don’t know the theoretical limit of Windows 98, but I’d say around 300 must be the maximum practical number of fonts.

Fonts are located in C:\WINDOWS\FONTS

Ray
ML
Maryann_Lazer
Jun 16, 2004
I tried to install over old install. No change. I’ve got plenty of room. I may call Adobe (charge or no charge) and see if I can get an answer unless someone knows how I can at least get the program not to give me the messages. If Windows 98 has the problem and Windows ME has the problem, I wonder if it’s a problem with the program.

Maryann

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections