How do I make text change color in a DVD menu when highlighted?

AF
Posted By
Andrew_Firman
Dec 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Topic

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AF
Andrew_Firman
Dec 7, 2008
anyone?
R
Ram
Dec 7, 2008
CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
R
Ram
Dec 7, 2008
(Your question is not clear, and you give no details about what you’re using.)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 7, 2008
Are you actually using Photoshop?

Or are you working in one of the iLife programs?
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 7, 2008
Andrew,

anyone?

As you see, we need a lot more detailed info including your hardware, software, exactly what you’re trying to accomplish, and what you’ve tried so far.

Please get back to us.

Neil
-macman
Dec 7, 2008
How do I make text change color in a DVD menu when highlighted?

Totally irrelevant with Photoshop.

Seek out the options in your DVD authoring software.
AF
Andrew_Firman
Dec 7, 2008
I’m using photoshop cs4 and encore cs4. I remember doing this a few years ago and I’m pretty sure I did it in photoshop. Something with identifying buttons with something like a # or another symbol. But I forget how to add another layer so when highlighted in encore (or when in a DVD player) it changes colors.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Dec 7, 2008
The Photoshop integration with Encore rollovers is relevant – it does exist, but I can’t remember how to do it. It is probably not covered in any Photoshop documentation.

It will be better to look in the Encore documentation or ask in the Encore user forum regarding how to set up Photoshop layers to be recognized by Encore for rollovers.
-macman
Dec 7, 2008
Interesting! My mistake. Usually those effects are inherent of the DVD authoring app itself.

I’ve never used Encore, but just pulled this from their web site:

Adobe Photoshop integration
Create menus in the Adobe Photoshop® PSD file format using Photoshop technology built into Encore CS4. Edit menus in Photoshop and see your changes instantly in your Encore project.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 7, 2008
I’ve actually seen this demoed at the intro of CS4 here in Sweden. So it should be possible to do.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 7, 2008
Adobe Photoshop integration Create menus in the Adobe Photoshop® PSD file format using Photoshop technology built into Encore CS4. Edit menus in Photoshop and see your changes instantly in your Encore project.

This means that when your item is brought into Encore which uses photoshop files as menu items and you make a change to the art in Photoshop it changes dynamic as you go since you can dynamically link the file, same thing happens with PPro and AE.

You will have to look at creating subpictures and color sets in Encore to be able to change the highlight color. Menu Items are linked to chapters in your DVD and so it does not quite work same as a web page.The best advice to go to the Encore Forum for the best advice is to go to the Encore Forum to see if they can and are willing to help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections