Posted By
John_R._Collins
Jun 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have installed both the Hidden Power actions as well as those published at Ling’s site. All function amazingly well. Ling’s Snapactions interface seems to be working fine also. Does anyone know if there are any other web sites that have Elements action kits (.atn and .xml files) available?

Thanks,

John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jun 20, 2004
Ling doesn’t have Sheri’s Highlight Shadow actions for elements. You can get them here and load them into snap actions.

there may be other actions for elements here but be aware that some have errors and unless recently corrected may not work.

Sheri’s PSE actions work fine. Highly recommended.

<http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm>
JR
John_R._Collins
Jun 21, 2004
Mark,

Got Sheri’s actions, they’re great. I wish I had the time to write my own actions using Ling’s method. But, by looking at the layers produced during the operations of some of these actions, I realize that I have to improve my skills in the use of PE2 layers and blending modes tremendously.

John
J
JudyP
Jun 22, 2004
Could someone tell me how to install Shari’s actions–does it come with that information? Will they automatically go into PSE folder where they belong?

I have PSE 1.0 still, hope they work in it. Thanks for any help, thought I’d ask before I clicked the button. I know Hidden Power comes with an installer so it gets to the right place.
JR
John_R._Collins
Jun 23, 2004
Judy,

To get Sheri’s and a whole bunch of other actions to work, you’ll need something called snapactions.exe which can be found at Ling’s site: <http://www.geocities.com/rnlnero/PE2stuff2.html> . There are a bunch of actions there as well. What you do (after you’ve installed snap…) is to follow the directions in one of the text files that is packed in the zip file. After placing the .atn and .xml files in the folders as instructed, you open snapactions and move the action from the left side of the screen to the right side using the arrow on the screen. Then, you push the "generate" button. Next time you start PE you’ll find the action via the "how to" tab.

All that having been said, I don’t know whether these actions will work in PE1. Someone will let you know in this thread, I’m sure.

John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections