PS
Posted By
Phil_s_Bisesi
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t get my tools to be anything but a brush. I’ve uninstalled Photoshop Elements (ver.1.0) and reinstalled it and still the same problem. Opened several files with the same results. Restarted computer.

What next?!

Windows XP, Gateway laptop with P4, 256 Ram

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
Jun 22, 2004
Phil,

Try deleting Preferences…

IMMEDIATELY after double clicking the icon to start Elements, press and hold CTRL-ALT-SHIFT until you get a dialog that allows you to delete prefs.

I don’t know if that will cure your issue, but at least you can rule it out!

Byron
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 22, 2004
Phil,

Don’t shrug Byron off. I think he has a point. I think I’ve seen it posted somewhere that the Preference Folder is actually outside the program so removing and reinstalling the program wouldn’t work because the Preference Folder was never deleted. I know Photoshop’s is definitely outside the program and it would follow that since Elements is based on Photoshop it would follow the same formula.

Terri
PS
Phil_s_Bisesi
Jun 23, 2004
Thanks to you both. It worked!
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 23, 2004
Phil,

Glad to hear that it worked! I was afraid you’d just shrug Byron’s advice off thinking that by removing the program the preferences would automatically be deleted. Byron’s the true hero for giving the recommendation in the first place.

Terri
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 23, 2004
Phil,

Great news!!

Terri,

If it wasn’t me, it would have been someone else suggesting to delete prefs… definitely a "team thing".

Byron
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 23, 2004
If we had a penny for each time "Delete the prefs" has worked then we would all be rich 🙂

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections