JA
Posted By
John_A_Glover
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running Photoshop Elements 2.0 on my Mac OS 10.3.4 and for a reason I now regret, moved the File Browser too far up the top of the desk top. Now, when I try to click the curser on the top of the File Browser window to drag it back, the main photoshop Elements toolbar appears and I can’t move the File Browser at all. Any ideas? If not, how do I un-install it all so I can re-install it. Many thanks, John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 24, 2004
Have you tried to reset palette location.. (Window / Reset Palette Location) ? Or else to trash the preference (CTRL-COMMAND-SHIFT upon lauching Elements) ?

Ray
PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 25, 2004
On a PC if you hit the TAB key, the work area goes to full screen. You should be able to grab the File Browser then.

Patti
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 25, 2004
Never mind…
Wrong thread.
JA
John_A_Glover
Jun 25, 2004
Thanks Raymond. Although your suggestion didn’t work, it gave me the idea to try looking under general preferences and, by deselecting the save palette location button, upon relaunch, the file browser went back to its original position…. isn’t it a wonderful feeling when you wake up in the morning and can solve a problem that’s been bugging you, with a little help from friends!
JA
John_A_Glover
Jun 25, 2004
Thanks for your suggestion Patti, but I’m using a Mac. I have solved the problem now though based on what Raymond suggested. John
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 25, 2004
I don’t recall having read this solution before… I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for reporting back!

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 25, 2004
John,

Could you not grab hold of the browser when you hit the TAB key …. it works on the Mac too.

Wendy
JA
John_A_Glover
Jun 26, 2004
Hi Wendy, which key is the tab key? I don’t have any that actually say tab on them. Is it the one with an arrow pointing to teh right and a vertical line? (Never did my keyboard skills you see). John
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 26, 2004
John

On it is generally just above the Caps Lock key or two keys above the left hand Shift key.

G.
JA
John_A_Glover
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks Grant, I know which one it is now. I think I’ll write tab on it myself to remind me. All the best, John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections