P
Posted By
p8ntmunky
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ok i backed up the photoshop folder and just put it on my comp after reformatting it and when i open it it tells me "missing or invalid personalization information" and then closes but i also backed up my adobe premiere and that worked flawless so is there a file that didnt copy that i need or what do i need to fix this problem

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 27, 2004
It would help to know a little about your computer (Win, Mac, memory, hard drive, etc..)

In the mean time, try to press and hold those 3 keys upon starting Photoshop Elements : Command – Control – Shift (CONTROL – ALT – SHIFT on Windows). This will reset your preferences, which I assume will also create the personalization information you’re missing.

Finally, this is the Photoshop Elements forum, not the Photoshop forum, a different software.

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 28, 2004
In case you do check back here (no post in the PS group):

You cannot restore an application that way.
It must be reinstalled.
There is much more that makes the app work than what is in that directory ….. including registry entries.

Mac
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 28, 2004
Mac,

I suspect he was using Mac OS. When he mentioned that he installed Premier that way and it worked… Many Mac OS apps only install stuff in the applications folder, and the personalization files goes either in the user Library or system Library folder. As such, if you "transplant" an application, it will work by recreating the personalization files.

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 28, 2004
Ah, missed that clue…
Thanks, Ray.

I still often forget that this is Mac/Win combined, unlike Photoshop groups.

M

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections