SG
Posted By
Syble_Glasscock
Jul 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have found some photos at the History Society of some old school buildings in the area that I grew up in. All they had available was to make an ordinary copy on a copy machine. I’ve talked to a number of people and they were not aware these photos existed, at least one of the photos is of a community school that the actual community doesn’t even exist anymore. These would have been around 1910’s to 1920’s. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the best photo copy, obviously I can leave with the photo to take it somewhere. They are about 8×10 in size.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
E._Gary_Heaton
Jul 3, 2004
If you said you CAN take them someplace and have them copied. Then I would take them to a professional photographer if I were you, and I wanted really GOOD quality photos out of them. He can then either shoot the originals, or use a high end scanner, if you want them in digital format. It will cost you more, but it is well worth the extra money.
Good luck to you.
Gary~*
SG
Syble_Glasscock
Jul 3, 2004
I just realized I said I Can take them somewhere, I meant Can’t. I wouldn’t even ask.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jul 3, 2004
Our local museum and the community archives have chosen a professional photographer to do all their reproductions. My wife knows him pretty well -often too well. 😉

This museum might have a similar arrangement. Often people staffing a museum are volunteers and don’t know everything. It might be useful to contact the professional staff or the board of the museum and ask if they have a similar arrangement. I suppose you are not te first one to ask such a kind of question.

Leen
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 3, 2004
When I’ve been in a small museum/local history center, I’ve used my digital camera to photograph things like this. The quality certainly won’t match what you’d get if you could to take it to a pro for reproduction, but it’ll be far, far better than using a photocopier.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 3, 2004
Beth, sorry to OT the thread…i sent you mail a couple of times over the past few weeks….did ya get it ?? You’ve been rampant on my mind. Hope your isp isn’t spammin me 🙁
PC
Pat_Coggin
Jul 3, 2004
Beth Haney, where have you been? I always look forward to your advice to the "postees"…
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 4, 2004
Jodi – you should have mail in your box shortly! 🙂

Pat – thank you. Things aren’t good around here, so there’s been little time for the forum. I try to sit down every couple of days and take a peek, but I rarely have time for responses – unless the questions are simple so the answers can be short!
PC
Pat_Coggin
Jul 4, 2004
Very sorry, Beth, that things aren’t going well for you. Your absence is very noticeable!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 4, 2004
Beth,

We miss you when you are not around … hope things get better soon 🙂

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections