C
Posted By
clam26
Apr 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to install the CS3 update and receive the following error message during installation: “A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destinations folder”.

Using XP on a Dell notebook with all updates and trying to upgrade from an upgraded version of CS2. More than enough memory is present and I do have admin privileges.

Another point of interest might be the fact that I get the same error message when I try to install Adobe Lightroom. Beta versions were never used on this computer, neither for CS3 nor Lightroom.

I feel that something is wrong with my notebook setup. I am not very computer literate, so any help at a basic level would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 21, 2007
Well the first question is "How much free space DO you have on your HDD"?
C
clam26
Apr 21, 2007
I have 41.3 GB free space.
K
keseldude
Apr 23, 2007
On Apr 21, 6:50 am, wrote:
I have 41.3 GB free space.

I am having the same problem. The files just won’t extract completely because of the message and it’s very irritating. If anyone finds a solution, please send me a message with instructions. Thanks!
KG
Ken_Goudey
May 7, 2007
I’m having the same problem. 39.2 GB space on the drive and admin privs. Sigh.
NW
Nairb_W
May 16, 2007
Same problem here. ugh. 48GB free. Must be some big program!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections