Posted By
Kristy_Lumsden
Apr 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I somehow got sucked into doing a favor for a friend and I don’t know how to fulfill her request. She has a son in football and she has three photographs that she wants to do in an 8×10. So, putting the photograph
horizontally and filling it in thirds essentially. She also wants the center photograph to have a football around it to frame it.

I can’t seem to find anything online that deals with this. One, I can’t seem to "shrink" the photos to the correct size without somehow distorting it and I can’t find anything on how to make the football vignette. And of course she wants this as soon as possible. Any help would be appreciated guys, thank you!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Apr 27, 2007
One, I can’t seem to "shrink" the photos to the correct size without somehow distorting it

You will probably need to crop the photos in addition to resizing them in order for them to fit our needs
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 27, 2007
Kristy,

I played around with this a bit, but don’t claim my results are anything that great. To do so, I grabbed a few photos of Peyton Manning off the internet along with an image of a Wilson football from the wilsonsports.com website, and put together an arrangement of 3 photos with the football image as the frame for the center image. The result is found at <http://ambress.com/photoshop/images/peyton.jpg>.

If that is anything close to what you’ve got in mind, I created the football frame by selecting an area the size of the center image, cutting that out, then applying a bevel layer effect to the football image layer. Shrinking the photos as needed to fit was just a matter of performing a Transform and dragging a corner of the image while holding the Shift key to maintain the aspect. The outer two images also had layer effects applied just to give them a bit of offset from the football. Finally, I thought about adding a background image to see how well that ties everything together.

The images I used were all low quality, so you’d of course need print quality versions of any image you use to create your composite.

Does that help any?….hope so!

Daryl
T
Talker
Apr 28, 2007
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:23:51 -0700,
wrote:

Kristy,

I played around with this a bit, but don’t claim my results are anything that great. To do so, I grabbed a few photos of Peyton Manning off the internet along with an image of a Wilson football from the wilsonsports.com website, and put together an arrangement of 3 photos with the football image as the frame for the center image. The result is found at <http://ambress.com/photoshop/images/peyton.jpg>.

If that is anything close to what you’ve got in mind, I created the football frame by selecting an area the size of the center image, cutting that out, then applying a bevel layer effect to the football image layer. Shrinking the photos as needed to fit was just a matter of performing a Transform and dragging a corner of the image while holding the Shift key to maintain the aspect. The outer two images also had layer effects applied just to give them a bit of offset from the football. Finally, I thought about adding a background image to see how well that ties everything together.

The images I used were all low quality, so you’d of course need print quality versions of any image you use to create your composite.

Does that help any?….hope so!

Daryl

Very nice Daryl! I especially like the beveled edges of the pictures. Nice work!

Talker

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections