NS
Posted By
norman_sanders
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The subject line says it all. A saved Selection or alpha channel created from one of the regular channels appears, for example, as a light element in a dark surround. When the Alpha channel is converted to a Selection and applied as a Layer mask the areas are inverted and appear in the mask symbol as a dark element in a light surround. The mask must be inverted again to function properly. This did not happen in CS3.

Note: I went to the Menu: Select>Load Selection and loaded the Alpha channel. It, too, provided an inverse selection. Then I tried it again, this time checking the "Inverse" box in Select>Load Selection and that re-inversed the selection making it correct.

The problem seems to reside in the CS4 loading a channel as a selection. It is automatically making an inverse selection of the Alpha channel whether I use the symbol in Channels, or access it via the Menu.

Running Mac G5. The only other open program is Bridge. Same effect using mouse and Wacom tablet. I would appreciate your help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections