BB
Posted By
Bill_Burton
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Once I’ve made a new layer style, is there any way to save it? Can’t seem to do that….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Jul 19, 2004
Bill,

I don’t think that Photoshop Elements allows the creation of Layer Styles…. so suspect that you’re using full Photoshop.

Can you confirm?

Byron
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 19, 2004
Bill,
I purchased a great program called "Adobe Photoshop Elements One Click Wow" by Jack Davis and Linnea Dayton. This has hundreds of style makeovers, frames, gradients, etc., and one can copy and paste styles that have been generated. As I recall, I got it from Amazon. It comes with CD and installs in to the Photoshop Elements program. I access it in layer styles. You may want to consider it. I have no commercial connection to this product.
Ken
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 19, 2004
Addendum
Here is a review of same:
<http://www.rewarren.com/challenge/books.htm>
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 19, 2004
ya, can’t save styles in elements…unless there is a third party add-on that I am not familiar with. In Photoshop click the ‘new’ button in the ‘blending options’ dialogue screen then click ‘save styles’ in the styles drop down menu.
BB
Bill_Burton
Jul 19, 2004
Byron–

Misspoke… I mean, once I had customized an existing style… not created one.

And yes, I know how to do it in CS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections