JA
Posted By
julien_archambault
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
helo when i take an image (background or layer) and i clic on "new 3d postcard from layer" the image just desappear and if i try to ad any image it never appears everything I see is a transparent layer.
I tried to use the "new shape from layer" and this works what can i doo?!?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 12, 2009
I do not actually know as i have never seen this happen, but what you can try is to reset or trash your Photoshop preferences ( Adobe Photoshop CS 4 Settings folder in the user preferences)
EH
Eric_Howerton
Jan 15, 2009
Can anyone help me with this situation. When I pull an .obj file into photoshop, a message appears before the file is open that says "Your video card does not meet the requirements for hardware-accelaerated 3D rendering. All 3D will be rendered with software only". First, what does this mean about my hardware, second, what will happen if I use the software only, third, what’s the best way to resolve this.

Thanks.
R
Ram
Jan 15, 2009
Eric,

First, what does this mean about my hardware,

It means that your video card fails to meet one or more of the minimum requirements for supporting OpenGL:
• it must be on the list of tested and approved video cards; • it must have at least 256 MB of V-RAM;
• its driver must support OpenGL Level 2 and Shader Model 3.

second, what will happen if I use the software only,

It will take longer and may look less than optimal.

third, what’s the best way to resolve this.

Upgrade the video card or get a newer, more powerful computer.
R
Ram
Jan 15, 2009
Eric,

I neglected to ask you to confirm that you are indeed running CS4, like the OP. 🙁 Sorry. My response applies only to CS4, not to previous versions.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Jan 16, 2009
Julien,

What are your system specs? What is the image size? Do you see the same thing with a new 512px x 512px, RGB 8bit image?
SG
steve_guilhamet
Jan 16, 2009
Eric,

Generalizing a bit more from Ramón’s post, ‘hardware acceleration’ uses the GPU (video card) when appropriate, while ‘software only’ means it is using only the CPU for processing.

When using software only, not all 3D Render Settings options will be available (Edge, Vertex, and Volume styles). This also means many of the Render Presets can’t be displayed, because they rely on the GPU processing to render. So you may not see the full intent of a render, you have less rendering possibilities, and you don’t have access to a few presets (Paint mask, Depth map, Normals) that provide some more advanced 3D usage.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections