PN
Posted By
Patti_Nykamp
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I haven’t been on PSE for a few months. I went on it yesterday, but some of the same stuff isn’t there. For instance, my square marquee tool isn’t there and I am having trouble editing pictures because it says pixels are selected. I know I just always clicked on the square before, but I can’t find it.
Also, quick fix was always available. NOw I have to go to the pull down menu to get it. Is there somewhere in the menus on top where all this stuff is normally displayed and it isn’t now. I do have the toolbar on the side still, but it doesn’t have the square marquee.
I sure have forgotten a lot of stuff in the few months I haven’t used it. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Jul 25, 2004
Patti,

It is positioned top-left of Tool Box columns on my program. Maybe you are seeing the circle displayed, if so, click the small black triangle for the flyout.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 25, 2004
Hi Patti ! Where have ya been !! Also try ‘reset palette locations’ under ‘window’. I don’t use pe2 ( still hangin with original version) so i don’t have the quick fix button to know where it is suppose to be. Like Nancy said, the rec marquee is in top left corner along with the ellip marquee. Some of the tools have others hiding behind it. That little arrow in bottom right corner is your indication of this.
PN
Patti_Nykamp
Jul 26, 2004
You were right – there it is!!! Thanks.
PN
Patti_Nykamp
Jul 26, 2004
Clicked on reset pallette and got everything back where it belongs except for the quick fix. But that I can just go to the pullup.
Haven’t been on for a while. I was very sick, then my brother died, then both my parents were in the hospital (separate hospitals), for several months and then when they came home, I went to live with them for a month. Still taking care of them, but commuting now. Sure doesn’t leave me much time to "play" on the computer like I like. Hopefully I will get back to it.
I tried taking my digital pictures to stores in those machines to have them developed for the 29 cent deal and they are horrible, I do a lot better job at home, so I imagine I will really start using PSE more now.
Nice talkin’ to ya’ll again.
Patti
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 26, 2004
Oh Patti, wow, you have indeed been through alot since we last spoke. I can’t imagine what you have been through…well, i could but I would rather send some ‘goodness’ your way than to think about it. I always feel so helpless over here when I hear these things that happen to people…..people I have grown so fond of. This is the downside to computer internet relationships. I’d be on your doorstep to help if i could. Take good care Patti. My warmth comes your way.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections