KJ
Posted By
kadifa_jones
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You may all laugh, but I am a humble ASP developer using Photoshop CS who just wants to replace a bullet point with coloured bullet points which have to be images….I start off using the eclispe tool + shift to get my circle and then I scale the image down to 8 x 8 pixels, the problem is it does not remain a cirlce. I know it can be done as I have seen it on websites….any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 28, 2004
Kadifa…..

I think I’m not too clear on what you’re trying to do. Are you trying to select a part of an existing image within a circle and then save this as a new image of 8 x 8 pixels?

Colin
KJ
kadifa_jones
Jul 28, 2004
Hi Colin

I am trying to draw a circle the same size as a bullet point for example:

* list item
* list item

So I started off by drawing a big circle and figured if I made it smaller that would give me what I wanted….but it does not appear to be as simple as that!
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 28, 2004
Kadifa….

Sorry I’m still a little unclear but maybe this will help.

If you have selected the ellipse tool, then on the Options bar (just under the menus) you will see next to the types of shape you can draw a small drop down arrow. If you click this you will be able to set some options for the shape you are trying to draw. So you can select Fixed Size and specify 8 px by 8 px. When you next click on your page it will make a circle in an 8 x 8 square.

Let me know if this helps

Colin
KJ
kadifa_jones
Jul 28, 2004
Hi Colin

That has worked a treat thanks….it appears it was quite simple!!! One more thing, I have saved the image as a gif on a transparent background, however I am also using the image on a coloured background and I can see some white round the edges. I know I can have two different images one with the background colour to match and one without but is there any way I can avoid this….i.e. one image which works on both a white and coloured backgrounds.

Hope this makes sense.

Kadifa
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 28, 2004
Are you sure you created the Gif with a transparent background. Could you see a gray/white checkerboard around the ‘bullet’?

How did you put the ‘bullet’ onto the coloured image?

Colin
KJ
kadifa_jones
Jul 28, 2004
Hi Colin

Yes there was a grey/white checkboard when I created the image and I drew the cricle straight onto that background.

The bullet gets onto the coloured background of the web page via CSS.

Kadifa
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 28, 2004
Not sure why you’re seeing the white line. You could try and select the ‘bullet’ and then feather the edge by 1/2 to 1 pixel to see if that softens the edge enough before you copy it to the final image.

Other than that I can’t think of anything else.

Colin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections