MC
Posted By
Marc_Carpenter
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When printing (Epson 2200) and I ask for preview, I get very magenta color cast to preview. Is this PS Element problem or epson problem? XP Home OS.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
davidsimpson4
Jul 31, 2004
Marc

I am seeing a similar problem. I have used Elements for a while in a fairly casual manner. I recently bought a Canon Digital Rebel and i960 printer in hopes of upgrading my image quality.

When down loading images from the camera, they look nice on screen. When I open the print preview the images have a cool color cast.

The images in preview do match the printer output very nicely. I have profiled my monitor and have what I believe to be a very good printer profile – which I assume is why my preview matches the output.

I don’t know if we are seeing the same problem? Does your output match the preview?

Anybody out there have a solution for getting the working space to match the preview? Hard to see what your doing when the preview does not match the work…

PS when I search "print preview" in elements forum your post is the only match

Dave
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 31, 2004
Marc,

Have you profiled your monitor … colour castes are usually caused by incorrect profiles.

If you have already done that then someone else did have a similar problem even when they had completed the colour profile … See:

Ed Huberty "Prints with terrible magenta color" 5/28/04 5:52am </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>

They seem to have solved it by deleting the prefs .. not sure WHY that would work … but it seemed to.

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Wendy
MC
Marc_Carpenter
Aug 1, 2004
Yes, I have color calibrated monitor. Yes, printer output matches preview color cast. All color looks great in Elements etc, even looks good when I print to old HP laserjet. But in ‘preview’ it looks way magenta. Is Preview function of Epson, not Elements?

marc
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 1, 2004
Marc,

You are able to print OK to the HP laserjet but not to the Epsom .. that surely has to mean that it is the Epsom that has the problem. Hopefully someone who has an Epsom will be able to sort that one out .. I’m an HP user so I don’t have a clue.

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections