RR
Posted By
Raymond Robillard
Jul 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just thought I’d let you know Capture One has issued a Mac version of their LE edition… That’s cool! 99$ for a RAW converter (300D and 10D amongst other cameras supported)

http://www.c1dslr.com/

Ray
P.S. I don’t work for them, I don’t own stock of this company, yada yada yada… 😉

…..and it does support Nikon too 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Jul 30, 2004
I second this. motion. C1 is a fantastic program.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
"Ray" wrote in message
Just thought I’d let you know Capture One has issued a Mac version of
their
LE edition… That’s cool! 99$ for a RAW converter (300D and 10D
amongst
other cameras supported)

http://www.c1dslr.com/

Ray
P.S. I don’t work for them, I don’t own stock of this company, yada
yada
yada… 😉

….and it does support Nikon too 😉
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 30, 2004
Curious…while the news page certainly does say this I can’t find anywhere to download it and the LE page still says Windows only (unless my ISP’s invisble Cache is coming into play again and I’m not reading the updated pages, which does seem to happen for some websites)

Edit – I found it…ignore the above! – although some of the site doens’t appear to reflect the announcement yet.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 30, 2004
Forget it Susan. It doesn’t support any of Canon’s G series cameras.
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 30, 2004
Mark – that I was aware of…but I’m still vacillating about buying a DSLR – the 300D has just temporarily dropped $200 here with a canon rebate (Which brings it down to what the list price of my G3 was when I bought it!) so I’m still looking and thinking and counting my pennies. I’ve got CS anyway for RAW conversion from the G3. It’s about all I could find that would do it efficiently.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 30, 2004
Susan,

If you get a Rebel, then won’t you need to buy a new Mac to handle the larger files? Isn’t CS Raw Image converter a little pokey on your current iMac?

Well, I hope you can pull it off and get that Rebel.

(Mark anxiously awaiting the new iMacs)
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 30, 2004
Mark -I was quite surprised that CS actually is not too bad on my imac – it’s obviously not going to win any Olympic medals for speed, but it’s usable – even with the 16 bit files that the RAW converter creates. And the RAW converter itself is pretty good (it’s go away and make a cup of coffee while I batch convert a set of images rather than have a three course meal, drop off the dry cleaning and clean the bathroom that I could do while the Canon File Viewer Utility was running) More screen real estate would be nice though – the imac can just make the minimum 1024×768 that the RAW converter requires. And the storage of all those nice uncompressed tiff files from my camera are another tricky issue, even with an external firewire drive, as they all need to be backed up. With 8 bit images I don’t find CS much worse than Elements for general editing , although some filters seem to run a little slower.

I’m not in the market for a new computer for a while, given that this one is running CS and Elements fine if slowly (and as it is an education purchase it still has six months of its warranty to run too). One advantage of this old machine is that the kids can’t load it up with all the games that they would like to play as it doen’t have the graphics processor to run them! When I do get one I’d like to get a G5 with the ability to take a second internal hard drive for a scratch disc rather than an imac, if I can run to it. I’ll have to get a real job though to afford that! (or the prices will have to drop rather a lot)
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 30, 2004
Susan,

I bought the 300D a while back … and just love it. It take brilliant photographs and getting used to it was not too bad.

Go for it 🙂

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 30, 2004
And you can’t go wrong… It’s a Canon… 😉

(connected to a Mac, that doubles the fun and quality… LOL !!)

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 30, 2004
Ray,

I think that you love you Canon AND your Mac ……

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 30, 2004
Does it shot THAT much ? 😉

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 30, 2004
Ray

I suspect Wendy is Psychic and took a while guess. She probably dance around on Bodmin Moors at the solstices

Grant
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 30, 2004
Grant …

🙂 … well maybe in the summer but certainly not in the winter ….

Wendy
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 30, 2004
Wendy

What the blue body paint won’t keep you warm? Then you will just have to put on a second coat.

Grant
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 30, 2004
Grant… Double LOL !!!

Ray
DS
Dick_Smith
Jul 31, 2004
Now that rates an extremely long, noisy groan!

dick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections