L
Posted By
Linns
Jan 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS4 appears to save my files as icons (ex. PSD PS), not as small images. If I reopen them and save them a second time they are fine. Is this happening to anyone else? How do I fix this?
Thanks for you help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 19, 2009
Run disk utility and repairing permissions might do it.

Neil
L
Linns
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks Neil. It turned out that the setting under Finder/View/Show View Options was unchecked. I have never gone into this setting in OS, so I’m not sure how this came to be. I wonder if in the install of CS4 it possibly reset something as it has worked perfectly in previous versions.

I checked on Show Icon Preview and it’s all good now.

Thanks for your assistance though.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 20, 2009
Linns,

I don’t know how the setting could have been changed. Sometimes permissions will be damaged by an installation, and repairing them after an installation can fix that.

Neil
L
Linns
Jan 21, 2009
Permissions were fine.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 21, 2009
LInns,

Then the answer has to be gremlins in the night. <g>

Neil
L
Linns
Jan 21, 2009
One would think 🙂

Things to ponder….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections