"Batch" resizing for web–Is there a way?

P
Posted By
pssequim
Aug 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to create a universal size for about 100 images which are right now a pixel or five different each from the other. I need to make them ALL the same dimensions –(Ideally 170X235px)for a mouseover effect on a webpage swapping with another image the same size. These must be identical in size so the images don’t distort in the mouseover–Is there a way to resize ALL of them at once, or is this going to be an image by image task?

Using APSE2 on XP

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KW
Kyle_White
Aug 7, 2004
PSE2’s "Batch Processing…." can re-size things to a specific size (w x h) or to a specific width with a "floating" height or a specific height with a "floating" width. If "Constrain proportions" is checked PSE2 will set each image to the specified width or height and the other dimension will "float" or be adjusted to maintain the same shape as the original image. Drop your images into one folder and specify a separate destination folder to help keep them separate.

Or,

You can use PSE2’s "Create Web Photo Gallery…" process. In the "Options" section of the pop-up window select "Large Images" and you can select your image size (including constraints), JPEG quality etc. Run the process and then pick your new JPEG’s out of the "Images" folder that PSE2 creates when it makes the Web Photo Gallery. After you’ve got your images, you can toss the rest of the Web "site". The advantage of doing it this way is that PSE2 creates Web ready JPEG’s without icon info etc. which can raise file sizes unecessarily.

HTH

Kyle
P
pssequim
Aug 7, 2004
MARVELOUS–thank you Kyle for both options.
KW
Kyle_White
Aug 7, 2004
Anytime! Have fun! 🙂
DT
Dominique_Tomei
Aug 9, 2004
BIG lesson learned this past weekend. Gave my client a CD with full-resolution photos from our shoot. She called me later to let me know they’re just going to print them on their home computer!!!! Luckily she’s honouring our original agreement and paying me for the photos she had intended to purchase. I knew this was a risk when I gave her the CD, but I just didn’t know how to do a batch resize to provide proofs to my clients. I was very fortunate this time around, but I’m guessing that I need to learn how to do this immediately. Sorry Kyle, what is PSE2? Sorry if that’s a hugely dumb question. It’s just that your described solution seems perfect for me…

I will also look at creating an action to watermark my proofs, but I think I can probably figure that one out on my own.

Sigh. Just realized am on Photoshop Elements forum… Thought I had restricted my search for "batch resizing" to the Photoshop forum. Since I don’t have Elements, I’m going to have to keep searching. (I’m now editing after posting – can’t figure out to simply delete my orginal post – sorry everyone.)

Thanks,
Dominique
KW
Kyle_White
Aug 9, 2004
Hi Dominique!

Photoshop Elements 2 (PSE2) is the chopped/channelled version of Photoshop 7 (I think), so you should be able to do something similar in full Photoshop.

G’luck!

Kyle
EC
el Cucaracha
Sep 2, 2004
Assuming you have Windows, you can try out one of the windows "PowerToys". There’s one called Image Resizer, and once installed, it basically lets you right-click a bunch of images and then choose what size to make them. I used to use it a lot to make thumbnails…

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppow ertoys.mspx

wrote in message
Hi Dominique!

Photoshop Elements 2 (PSE2) is the chopped/channelled version of Photoshop 7 (I think), so you should be able to do something similar in full Photoshop.

G’luck!

Kyle

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections