EJ
Posted By
Enrique_J._Fernandez
Aug 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several digital pictures that I took sdeveral years ago. I dumped the pictures from my camera to the hard drive (WIN XP HOME), and erase them from the camera. They opened fine. About 6 months ago I burned them to a CD and erased the files from the hard drive. Recently I needed to make hard copies of these, but when I tried opening them with Photoshop Elements I get the following error: : "Could not open file.jpg because an unknown or invalid jpeg marker type is found". These weer originally in JPEG format.

Is there any way I can save these pictures? They won’t open either with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
RSD99
Aug 17, 2004
Try a few other programs that might be able to open and re-save them. A couple that come to mind are

IrfanView
http://www.irfanview.com/

SlowView
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/978930288/1

wrote in message
I have several digital pictures that I took sdeveral years ago. I dumped the pictures
from my camera to the hard drive (WIN XP HOME), and erase them from the camera. They opened fine. About 6 months ago I burned them to a CD and erased the files from the hard drive. Recently I needed to make hard copies of these, but when I tried opening them with Photoshop Elements I get the following error: : "Could not open file.jpg because an unknown or invalid jpeg marker type is found". These weer originally in JPEG format.
Is there any way I can save these pictures? They won’t open either with Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer.
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 17, 2004
Do they have the correct jpeg extension for your computer? You might double check. Also take a look at post #2 in this thread. I gave a link to Irfanview to a person who was having trouble opening a file. It worked for him, but your situation is different. It wouldn’t hurt to try, though. At this point you have nothing to lose. 🙁

Dick Vreeswijk "color table missing?" 8/17/04 12:07pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections