Posted By
Robert_Bradley
Feb 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help,

Running CS3 10.0.1 on Mac Pro OS 10.5.6 — CONTACT SHEET II worked fine until recently and now it will not finish. I get the error message "Could not complete your request because of a program error". The thumbnails are there but the error message won’t close and P/S is frozen. Have to force quit. I’m not a power user but everything else seem to work fine.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RB
Robert_Bradley
Feb 7, 2009
Neil,

Thanx for the reply.
The only system changes I can think of are the 10.5 updates. I think Contact Sheet has worked since I installed 10,5 although I haven’t used it recently. The hard drive is 300 gig with 40 gig available, and the RAM is 2 gig. I tried reloading P/S but it still misbehaves.

Bob
R
Ram
Feb 7, 2009
Have you trashed preferences? See the FAQs of this forum if you don’t know how.

If you re-installed ("re-loaded") Photoshop without first trashing preferences, the re-installation is futile. You end up right back where you started.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Feb 7, 2009
The hard drive is 300 gig with 40 gig available, and the RAM is 2 gig.

You are very much hardware-constrained. Mac Pros should have at least 4 GB RAM as a minimum and your hard drive is too full. Do not exceed 70% full to help optimize hard drive speed.

Also, it sounds like you have only one hard drive, forcing PS scratch to work from that already way overfilled hard drive.

Hard drives and RAM are both cheap, buy some.
RB
Robert_Bradley
Feb 9, 2009
Thank you Ramón and Allen,

Trashing the preferences didn’t help. But I now think the problem is RAM. I do have a couple of external hard drives with plenty of space available. I tried the Contact Sheet with all aps off except P/S and it did me a 2 pager OK, so that may be it. The sheets I was getting hung up with were larger. So off the the RAM store tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections